MHC EasyTouch 21G (0.82mm) Pressure Activated Safety Lancets, 21 Gauge, 821241
MHC EasyTouch 21G (0.82mm) Pressure Activated Safety Lancets are color-coded by gauge for easy and accurate identification. Confusion is reduced significantly by allowing customers to quickly identify their correct gauge and needle length.
Features and Benefits
- Needle is shielded both prior and after use
- Easy-to-use button design
- Triple-bevel cut for a sharper point
- No lancing device required
- Sterilized by gamma radiation
- Cap Colors Coded by Gauge
- Bilingual packaging
- Needle Gauge: 21G (0.82mm)
- Needle Length: 2.4 mm
- Brand: MHC Medical Products
- MPN: 821241
Directions to use the MHC Diabetic Lancing Device
- Remove the cap from the lancet.
- Place the open end of the lancet against the finger from which the blood sample to obtain.
- To stick your finger, also, quickly apply firm pressure to compress the lancet device.
- Dispose of the lancet in an approved sharps container
Other Tips When Taking Blood Samples for Glucose Monitoring
- Change Fingers - This can help prevent scarring or skin calluses. Don't use the same finger every time for your blood sample.
- Alternate Site Testing - Some lancing devices allow for samples from other areas of the body than the side of the fingers. Some devices can be used on the palm of the hand or forearm.
- Check with your health care professional about using alternate testing sites since alternate sites may not be as accurate, especially when rapid changes are happening to your blood sugars which could be due to meal time, sickness, infection, sleep or exercise.
What Lancet Size do I need?
Lancets come in multiple sizes and brands that often match the glucose meter they are being used with. Usually, the blood glucose meter you are using will have the size of the lancet needed within its instructions to use with the meter. However, if you're unsure, the most standard lancet size is 30 gauge. For those with thicker skin, the smaller number gauge may be more effective as this is a thicker needle and will work better with your skin. On the other hand, if you tend to have thin skin, you may prefer a 32 or 33-gauge lancet, as thinner needles cause less pain. If you are unsure what size to use, it is always best to consult with your diabetes care team.
Also Available in Other Sizes
- MHC EasyTouch 23G (0.63mm) Pressure Activated Safety Lancets, 23 Gauge, 823221
- MHC EasyTouch 26G (0.45mm) Pressure Activated Safety Lancets, 26 Gauge, 826081
- MHC EasyTouch 28G (0.36mm) Pressure Activated Safety Lancets, 28 Gauge, 828081
- MHC EasyTouch 30G (0.30mm) Pressure Activated Safety Lancets, 30 Gauge, 830061
Need a Blood Glucose Meter? Check out some of the Blood Glucose Meters sold at Diabetics Essentials
Other Lancets Sold in Diabetics Essentials
Buy from Diabetics Essentials and save!
Our price for MHC EasyTouch 21G (0.82mm) Pressure Activated Safety Lancets, 21 Gauge, 821241 is one of the cheapest. Please don't forget to check out our other highly discounted Lancets and other diabetes products sold at our online store.
We Also Recommend
Lifescan One Touch 33G (0.20mm) OneTouch Delica Plus Lancets, 33 Gauge, Box of 100
BD Microtainer Contact-Activated Lancets, Sterile, 366592 / 366593 / 366594